eOman Awareness activities aim to bring about success in all e-Government initiatives by preparing businesses and people to participate fully within the digital society. The activities also aim toward building ICT capacity within the nation by organizing seminars, conferences and road shows throughout the country.
The Second phase of the eOman Awareness road show is launched in Salalah in concurrence with the Salalah Tourism Festival 2008. ITA launched the 2nd phase of eOman road shows under the theme of ‘Promoting a digital culture’, and undertook numerous activities with the aim to educate the public about the need for transformation using technology.
Based on the success of the last two years where thousands of visitors benefitted by visiting ITA’s pavilion at the Municipality festival grounds, this year’s activities have expanded in scope and target audience segments. Project experts shared insights about eOman and other IT related topics with the visitors of the Salalah Tourism festival.
eOman activities during Khareef festival aim to reach out to the large number of public gathering at a single point from several parts of the Sultanate and the Gulf. Through a schedule of awareness programs and skill-building workshops, ITA work to raise public awareness about the secure use of information communication technologies, progress of eOman projects and the benefits they are to bring for the community. The key topics to be covered in this year’s seminars are eOman, e-government projects of ITA, eLearning, eCommerce, Digital society development, ePayment gateway, e-Law and online security. Professional from the public sector and the industry were invited to deliver talks in the above key themes.
ITA’s Digital Society initiatives have a favourable impact on public in their personal and professional life. They help the individuals achieve their potentials and excel in their task by harnessing modern Information and Communication Technologies.
- Promotes eOman within Oman and internationally
- Creates an effective link between the public and private sector for digital initiatives
- Creates an ICT awareness within society and enables people to perceive benefits
- Educates and empowers public sector employees and the community at large to participate in the knowledge society
- Showcases e-services in Oman and increases adoption of IT and e-services
- Creates opportunities for public and private sector enterprises to interact with the public and thus bridges the digital divide